On 9 December 2019, the Brussels Privacy Hub had the last appointment with the Meet the Author Series for the year 2019 with Prof. Dan Svantesson (Bond University, Australia), author of the world’s first Internet & Jurisdiction Global Status Reportlaunched at the United Nations Internet Governance Forum and published by the Internet and Jurisdiction Policy network. Discussants were Christopher Kuner (Professor at Vrije Universiteit Brussels) and Laura Drechsler (Doctoral researcher at Vrije Universiteit Brussels / FWO Aspirant). The debate was chaired by Hielke Hijmans (Director/President of Litigation Chamber at Belgian Data Protection Authority). A Summary of the debate is now available.
- 12 December: Taking GDPR enforcement really seriously: What to expect from the GDPR Procedural Regulation?
- 14 November: Brussels Privacy Symposium 2023
- 28 November: The Future of Data Access and Portability: GDPR vs. Data Act, Health Data Space Regulation & Open Finance Initiative
- 25 October: The need for a Fundamental Rights Impact Assessment in the AI Act
- 12 October: The DMA is here: a GDPR 2.0 for fairer digital markets?