Vítor Bernardo is a technology and security officer at the Technology & Privacy unit of the EDPS (European Data Protection Supervisor) since 2020. He provides advice on technology developments impacting privacy and data protection, contributes to policy papers, and was co-drafter of the EDPB-EDPS joint opinion on the Proposal for the Artificial Intelligence Act. Vítor focuses on biometric data processing, artificial intelligence, anonymisation and online tracking and profiling. He has a Master degree in Information Security and started his professional career in software development. Previously, he worked as a technology expert at the Portuguese Data Protection Authority for 9 years.
- Brussels Privacy Hub celebrates Data Protection Day 2023
- Brussels Privacy Hub participates in IAPP KnowledgeNet
- Brussels Privacy Hub announces 2023 Summer Academy
- Co-Director Prof. Malgieri discusses future of data privacy on Debating Europe panel
- 28 November: Doctoral seminar with Mikel Recuero Linares on ‘Scientific research with sensitive personal data: European legal responses facing global challenges?’