Vítor Bernardo is a technology and security officer at the Technology & Privacy unit of the EDPS (European Data Protection Supervisor) since 2020. He provides advice on technology developments impacting privacy and data protection, contributes to policy papers, and was co-drafter of the EDPB-EDPS joint opinion on the Proposal for the Artificial Intelligence Act. Vítor focuses on biometric data processing, artificial intelligence, anonymisation and online tracking and profiling. He has a Master degree in Information Security and started his professional career in software development. Previously, he worked as a technology expert at the Portuguese Data Protection Authority for 9 years.
- Save the Date – 25 October: Fundamental Rights Impact Assessments
- Save the Date – 12 October: GDPR and DMA Interdependencies
- 26 September: Adequacy decision and qualifying safeguards: The EU-US DPF explained
- More than 150 university professors from all over Europe and beyond are calling on the European institutions to include a fundamental rights impact assessment in the future regulation on artificial intelligence
- Celebrating Prof. Kuner’s Retirement and Welcoming New Leaders to Brussels Privacy Hub