BRUSSELS PRIVACY HUB SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
The Brussels Privacy Hub cares about the environment. Based in the EU and as part of the VUB, we follow the applicable rules set by the EU and Belgium and the VUB Sustainability Policy, thus working towards a greener planet. Within this scope, we try to:
- Print less and use online versions of documents, both within the Hub or for external events and collaborations,
- Reduce the number of emails that we send, or when sending emails, write precisely so that there is no need for further emailing,
- Use renewable material in our in-person events, such as non-plastic based glasses, spoons, forks and plates,
- Choose environmentally-friendly event venues that do not overconsume energy or plastics, such as the VUB venues,
- Re-use the event materials such as name tags and posters for our events.
We also try to orient our research efforts and dissemination to the environment and its link with law and technology. Until now, we have organised 2 events on “data sustainability” topics:
Youtube link to the event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PnR98bQhog
- Data Sustainability in the Age of AI (1 February 2022)
Event summary link: Event Summary.
We plan to keep organising similar events, in order to increase the awareness of data sustainability as a part of sustainability policies in the world.